Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Only in New York...


I thought I would jot down a few quick lines about my upcoming trip to NYC this weekend to attend the New York International Gift Fair. This will be my first trip and I couldn't be more excited! So you ask "Rosie you are a Stationery Rep shouldn't you be going to the Stationery Show in May?" Answer: Yes, but I am lucky to have about equal amount of gift as I do paper. Part of this job is always trying to find the new, best next thing. It is important to stay up with the trends and even more important to be one step ahead of the trend. A reality of this job is that not every line you pick up is going to bring you huge sales or workout. A even bigger reality is that even if the line has huge sales for you this season it doesn't necessarily mean their next release will bring the same sales. So we are constantly in look of lines with appeal! I'll take lots of pictures and let you know what we find!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by fabulous k