Thursday, October 14, 2010

A rant: Queen Elizabeth Cancels her Christmas Party


Ok, I am reading the headline this morning from CNN.com and I see this headline "Queen Elizabeth cancels palace Christmas Party" The articles says that due to tough economic times they are canceling the party at the palace... news flash: THAT IS NOT HELPING THINGS. First off the Queen has more money than she knows what to do with and she spent her own money on that party- not the tax payers. The article says that the party costs approximately $80,000 and 600 people attend. That party creates jobs for florists, caterers, stationers, maids, valet, etc... Does she think that she is going to offend people by spending her money? I get it- it is a sensitive issue- but not spending money does not help our economy it hurts it. A lot of people out there depend on Holiday Business and having Holiday gatherings are important because it brings people together- in good times and in bad! Ok, that is my ONLY Christmas rant you will hear from me. I have plead my case.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by fabulous k