Monday, July 12, 2010

Tips from me to you

Hello All! I have been on a bit of a blogging hiatus! June was a fantastic month for me- I turned 27, my family came to visit, Dallas Market consumed 10 days, and then Matt and I went to DC for the 4th of July. On top of all of that I have had some great appointments! In the world of retail you kind of do Christmas all year since it is such an important part of the year for making money. I feel like we are in for a good Christmas, maybe not a 2007 Christmas, but a solid and good Christmas. I have stores looking for guidance and suggestions from me regularly. I would say my number one piece of advice this year is buy deep and get it in early. I know that times are challenging but if you don't have it you can't sell it. Don't wait because I will say that most of my stores looked like they had been robbed 2 weeks before Christmas and many were scrambling to try to get more product and lots were sold out. Also make sure you watch your price points. If your prices get too high people get sticker shock and won't buy, BUT if your price point gets too low you start in the hole and have to sell twice the product. If you live in Dallas, make sure you plan for more product POST partners card! Don't kill your sales by being empty before the season has already started! I think that my stores are some of the best in the country and I really can't wait to see what the season holds for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by fabulous k