Monday, February 15, 2010

In Bloom




Matt sent me an article today from MSN titled "100 things that are getting better" That is a pretty intriguing title if I do say so myself, listed in the articles were things like Catching Bad guys, Home coffeemakers, Wind Power, Anne Hathaway etc... and under everything they listed there was a little justification of why they chose that. Can you guess what number one was? Flowers. Which I think I will have to agree with 100%. Flowers are one of the sweetest and most thoughtful gifts that you can give. What is great about flowers is that they are almost appropriate for anything. Over the past 5 years or so I would have to say that flowers have really changed. Baby's breath can stand alone now and need not be paired with roses, and there are so many exotic combinations that you can be as original and unique as you desire with your arrangement. There are thousands of blooms out there and every time I'm inspired by an arrangement that I see in Martha Stewart, or on stylemepretty.com, I have to really figure out what they are even using! With that being said, I think another great thing about flowers is that they can easily be a DIY project. Maybe you don't have to put an arrangement into a candelabra, but why not take those colors and make your own incredible arrangement! Above are photos that I thought were incredible from www.stylemepretty.com, Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by fabulous k